Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a Network Software Development Engineer!
As a Network Software Development Engineer you will be responsible for designing and implementation of embedded code that executes inside an ASIC as part of a larger system. The firmware code that you will write will initialize all the HW blocks inside the ASIC and will also respond to interrupts, exceptions and other events arising out of the ASIC. The firmware will also interact with the upper level OS driver through a message or command queue. The code will be written in C/C++ and compiled, debugged and tested using embedded tools. The job will require experience of Firmware design and implementation, including unit test, issue debugging and resolution, and productizing.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 4+ years of work experience, a Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 4 plus years of experience in writing a bootloader or BIOS for a system platform
- 4 plus years of experience in debugging low level issues that come up during boot time familiarity with secured boot infrastructure.
- 3 plus years of experience in developing initialization code for basic I/Os such as Flash, Serdes, Memory Controllers etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with industry-standard boot frameworks such as Uboot will be a plus.
- Knowledge of HW JTAG debugger tools is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills coupled with a strong drive to learn new skills and teach others.