Responsible for developing policy positions and advocating for favorable governmental policies and regulations to promote Intel's business interests in the UAE and Middle East. Will represent the organization on legislative and regulatory matters and implement all phases of our policy strategy to ensure government policies enable Intel's interests in broadband, security and privacy, market access and necessary approvals for the company's products and services. Receives direction from Intel Corporation's Global Policy Directors and coordinates efforts with Intel UAE corporate affairs manager. Provides policy direction to and support for Intel business units and increases their awareness of emerging policy challenges. Develops systems to effectively monitor and influence relevant national regulation and legislation.
Inside this Business Group
To apply on this position you need to have below skills and experience:
- University degree and at least 5 years, or equivalent, general advocacy experience on a range of policies.
- The ideal candidate would have an advanced degree in Law/Public Policy/Economics/Political Science together with significant experience with one or more critical policies affecting the high tech area such as telecom, security, privacy, trade, competition and intellectual property.
- Good relationships with relevant legislators and regulators.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- English and Arabic (written and spoken).
Law and Policy Group offers unique opportunities to work in a variety of areas, including counsel to Intel businesses; technology and intellectual property licensing; patent prosecution; trademarks and brands; litigation, mergers, acquisitions and investing; legislative and regulatory lobbying; and corporate compliance.