In this position, you will be joining the Server Management Firmware team. You will have the opportunity to design and implement Firmware targeted at Server management and Power and thermal management for mega data centers a.k.a. Internet Portal Data Centers. Your responsibilities will include working with Senior Intel Engineers to help explore new architecture, collaborating with Hardware Engineers and Basic Input Output System BIOS engineers to define successful products, establishing viable and reusable firmware designs, and implementing and/or testing the required functionality. Experience in embedded architecture, external interfaces, product constraints, along with ability to develop architectures/features that meet these constraints while providing new value for the platform. Source code development, review and maintenance C/C++. Unit and system level test and verification Vector Cast, TCL. Experience in simulation, low-level programming, system architecture, operating systems, device architecture, and hardware design.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 months experience with:
- C/C++ development
- low level kernel OS subsystems
- multi-threaded environment such as Linux* and ThreadX* or other RTOS
- Source-level debugging - software engineering methodologies
-At the Bachelor's level must have unrestricted-permanent right to work in US without requiring sponsorship.
-- Knowledge in Firmware Engineering environment
- Experience with Intel architecture and/or micro-architecture with knowledge of processor, chipset, memory, I/O-subsystems, and bus protocols
- Ability to study and analyze hardware schematic as part of trouble shooting and creating rework instructions
- Knowledge in IPMI specification
- Scripting and Vector Cast experience
- Understanding of the Agile and Scrum methods
- Quick learner and be able to handle complex problems related to firmware and its interaction with the hardware