About this role:
Are you ready to make a difference? We are looking for an exceptional Software Developer in Test (SDET) to drive, develop, and execute tools, frameworks, and processes to be utilized in support of a continuous integration (CI) effort on Enterprise Endpoint. As an accomplished SDET, you are excited for the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform your best, and challenges you to engineer solutions for complex business challenges.
This high visibility role will mean working with the various Enterprise Endpoint engineering teams in supporting our product needs which play a critical piece in our company vision and strategy. You will be a part of a team that will migrate current projects to a continuous integration model that is standard across all of Endpoint Engineering.
This position will include working with other more junior members of a CI team, as well as managers and engineers on other projects across Intel Security (McAfee).
Role and Responsibilities:
Promptly identifying and escalating defects; working with cross site and cross functional product teams to isolate problems; and tracking the issues to complete resolution
Inside this Business Group
• 6+ years of relevant work experience in developing and delivering software using Agile models
• Strong Experience with Jenkins or Team City (Jenkins preferred) CI systems and implementations
• Experience with automation frameworks such as NUnit, JUnit.
• Excellent ability to break down complex software systems with application of problem solving skills; strong experience in performance and interoperability testing of software products in a production scenario with proven ability to analyze and present results
• 4+ years of experience in doing code review, defect analysis, writing test tools and identifying automation opportunities
• Excellent experience in driving quality initiatives like coding guidelines, best practices within the development teams
• Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
• Should have strong architectural, design, programming, and debugging experience
• Proven track record of delivering high quality, scalable software with a cohesive user experience
• Expertise on Microsoft Windows operating systems and also UNIX, Linux or Mac. Ideally would be able to work proficiently on at least two varied platforms. (Ex: Windows/Linux or Windows/Mac)
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both within a team and cross-group to drive identification and resolution of issues to ship under tight deadlines along with being able to drive features into the product
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal or no management
• Candidate must have a strong desire to continually grow in the technical stream
• Candidate must have the following traits: dedicated, persistent, analytical, focused, ambitious, and attentive
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of Intel Security products
• Knowledge of Agile methodology and practices
• BS/BE in Computer Science or related field
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.