The Intel Fabric Software development team is looking for a software development engineer to facilitate the delivery of the next generation Intel Fabric products for High Performance Computing (HPC). HPC is being used today to help solve some of the world's most challenging scientific needs, including fusion energy, bio-medical research, physics, as well as traditional engineering such as aeronautic and automotive engineering. The bulk of the work will be focused around the Linux kernel and user space needs of large scale HPC and datacenter Fabrics. This includes IO protocols, IO stacks and APIs. Given the sizes of HPC fabrics and the performance requirements, there are many unique challenges to solve. Significant work items will be occurring in a number of areas:
- Design efficient APIs and algorithms
- HPC customers are very performance sensitive and there is a constant need to design, implement and support low latency high bandwidth mechanisms.
- Scalability - our goal is to continuously improve performance and scalability when supporting huge node count fabrics.
- Advanced features
- This will include continued enhancements in the areas of features such as virtualization, Virtual Fabrics, security and QoS
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must have a Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Experience with network protocols and scalable algorithms and experience in C coding and Linux kernel development