Senior Network Engineer
Overview of the Team
With a global research footprint, Intel Security provides the most comprehensive Global Threat Intelligence in the industry. Backed by a portfolio of more than 400 patents and a network of millions of sensors spanning the Internet, Intel Security delivers unparalleled protection against both known and emerging security threats via a complete suite of products and solutions.
The Core Cloud Services Engineering Operations team are responsible for design, implementation and end to end operations of the SaaS Cloud Services that protect both Intel Security’s Consumer and Enterprise Customers. The services provide continuous protection to our customers with a very strong focus on quality and an extendible services platform to internal partners & product teams.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
If you are passionate about running and continuously improving world class Cloud SaaS Services, we are offering you a unique opportunity to build your career with us and gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems.
- You will be part of a global team that is responsible for Intel Security Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
- You will be responsible for supporting SaaS Cloud service network topology and efficiency.
- Improving overall operational quality through common practices and by working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and product DevOps teams
- You will be responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of Intel Security Production environments
- You will work closely with Engineering teams and DevOps colleagues to ensure system health
- You will work with the Engineering and Operations teams to review and approve network design and architecture
- You will participate in software application staging, testing and deployment
- You will assist with the creation and maintenance of network architecture diagrams and documentation
- You will be part of a global support operation made up of DevOps, Production Ops and Engineering Ops including event response and recovery efforts
- You will have input into the monitoring of systems, applications and supporting data
- You will report on network availability and performance
- You will act as a key interface on network design and operational support with software engineering and Intel Security IT teams
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- An experienced, versatile and creative engineer with senior Network Engineering experience.
- Proven ability to work independently; deploying, testing and troubleshooting network systems
- Experience supporting network technologies in support of an Internet-based SaaS Service.
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Significant experience with configuration and troubleshooting of Internet/Intranet routing protocols (Bgp,Ospf, etc)
- Significant experience troubleshooting Internet Routing issues.
- Experience working with Internet Transit and Peering providers
- Experience with Global Load Balancing technologies (Brocade GSLB, F5 GTM, Akamai GTM)
- Experience with LAN Switch topology, configuration, and troubleshooting (LACP, VLAN, Spanning Tree, etc)
- Experience configuring networks to interoperate with Amazon Web Services (VPC,VPN , etc)
- Experience with Network-Layer Monitoring/Alerting and Performance tools
- Significant experience of developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of customers at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.