Mechanical Engineers research, design, and develop mechanical and electromechanical devices or systems. Responsibilities include development of system concepts, conducting design previews, performing system acceptance, and resolving design and implementation issues. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgement.
Inside this Business Group
We are seeking a strong technical individual with proven engineering and leadership skills responsible for managing the performance and preventive maintenance program for the Automated Material Handling Equipment located in AFO, Oregon.
Successful candidate would work closely with Virtual Factory/AMHS hub peers, Process engineering customers, vendors and the onsite 24x7 sustaining team to support a preventive maintenance program driving operational excellence and continuous improvement projects CIPs to support customer needs while achieving world class equipment availability /performance.
Individual will also be responsible for project management of various AMHS Projects throughout the project life cycle.
Additional job scope would include the following:
- Supporting 24x7 AFO customers, MIT escalation managers and AMHS technicians in an AMHS on-Call rotation or calling tree.
- Generate metrics and data-driven to measure overall/key areas of equipment performance and analysis of such metrics would be used to drive effective CIPs across the operation.
- Individual will be required to develop an understanding of the factory process flow and how changes in the process flow can affect equipment performance. Close working relationship with customer to maximize throughput/efficiencies, equipment performance that will deliver tangible cycle time improvements within specific functional areas/across the entire operation.
- Working closely with the equipment suppliers, internal support groups, internal site development teams and the other Intel sites would be part of the job scope. Clear focus on HPM, OpX and cycle time improvements will be a key component of the role.
- Total spares management would also be part of the core job. This would include management of the spares budget and driving cost of ownership projects that would reduce our overall yearly spares spend.
- Install support, acceptance testing and qualification of new equipment would be expected as part of the Job role.
- Initial training would take place as OJT with the equipment sets onsite. Some supplier or Intel in-house training programs may be a requirement.
- Project management of specific AMHS projects through all phases of the project including but not limited to planning, design, procurement, schedule development, install and project closure.
Candidate will have a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Industrial/Electronics Engineering or Equivalent. Masters Preferred.
- Experience with Semiconductor manufacturing equipment or AMHS hardware and controls experience is desirable.
- Passion for robotics and comfortable with being hands-on with electro-mechanical equipment to support an AMHS sustaining team of technicians and suppliers, as needed.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a proven track record. Experience with Model based problem solving and Failure Mode Analysis techniques.
- Factory Business Acumen demonstrated through working successfully with customers.
- Qualification in project management or equivalent knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management and knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.