In this internship position, you will be joining the Server Management Firmware team. You will have the opportunity to learn to design and participate in Firmware implementation targeted at Server management and Power and thermal management for mega data centers a.k.a. Internet Portal Data Centers. Your responsibilities will include working with Senior Intel engineers to help explore new architecture, collaborating with Hardware Engineers and Basic Input Output System BIOS engineers to define successful products, establishing viable and reusable firmware designs, and implementing and/or testing the required functionality.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Candidate must have unrestricted-permanent right to work in US without requiring sponsorship.
- Knowledge of the following:
- Firmware Engineering environment
- Intel architecture and/or micro-architecture with knowledge of processor, chip-set, memory, I/O-subsystems, and bus protocols
- C or other computer language development
- Low level kernel and OS subsystems - multi-threaded environment such as Linux* and ThreadX* or other RTOS