Payroll Manager - GER (Greater European Region)
Intel Security has amazing opportunities ahead! In the next several months, we anticipate transitioning to a stand-alone company. This will help to position us as one of the largest pure-play cybersecurity companies in the world. During this transition, we will continue to have a bold vision to achieve, which we can’t achieve without talented people.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for operations and quality management of McAfee’s GER – Greater European Region Payroll and related compliance with the other members of the regional team. This role will have a specific focus on the United Kingdom and Ireland, but may have additional Greater European Region responsibilities, as well. Distinct examples of this role’s responsibility include Managing Regular Payroll, Multiple Variable Pay programs, Foreign Assignment Payroll, Mergers and Acquisitions, Payroll Tax, Timekeeping, and Terminations.
- Provides leadership and direction for the EMEA payroll operations team through promoting a globally aligned and consistent approach to payroll delivery across all countries in the region.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in payroll, reporting and optimization benchmarks against internal processes to drive change.
- Evaluates workloads, priorities and staffing requirements.
Monitors departmental compliance with established policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Supervises, coaches and develops personnel within the organization.
- Leads the ongoing servicing and operations of global payrolls;
- Oversees the processing of regular and special payrolls, including all pre and post controls and validation.
- Oversees the day to day engagement and execution results of the HR Shared Service Center and third party service providers.
- Ensures compliant and controlled process execution.
- Provides leadership to team in solving complex enterprise-wide problems.
- Develops and maintains global payroll metrics scorecards and manages metrics related to process quality, cost and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures payroll documentation and internal resources are accurate and reflective of the current state requirements.
- Ensure business continuity plans and readiness are in place.
- Drives innovative solutions related to process and operations, to enable efficiency and improved levels of support.
- Ensures the payroll team is properly trained, accountable and equipped with the tools and skills needed to deliver results.
- Manages and evaluates performance while building a positive working environment for personal and career growth.
- Drives the evolution of the Service Operating model - through LEAN and Business Process Management principles- from a newly integrated startup to tenured and optimized business; including ongoing vendor, process and system enhancements to ensure high quality and cost competitive payroll services delivery.
- Partners with the country and regional HR Operations & Finance leaders to ensure effective processes and issue resolution, as well as support of any geography specific initiatives.
- Engages with senior management across multiple business units to recommend process improvements or a new course of action for all payroll related activity
- Partners with Mobility team to deliver pay to International Assignees worldwide in multiple currencies.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (business administration, human resources, finance or a related field) with 8 or more year’s international payroll and/or operations management experience, with progressing levels of responsibility.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, including ability to engage and motivate others to reach desired objectives.
- Thorough understanding of global and EMEA region payroll related concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently and meet established deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, including listening, written and verbal skills to express ideas, influence others and gain support.
- Project management abilities, including ability to set a course of action for self and others to achieve objectives, determine priorities, allocate time and resources effectively.
- Embraces a consistently changing environment proficient at multi-tasking projects and ongoing production requirements.
- Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Must be comfortable working in an ambiguous and fluid environment.
- Proven self-starter who can independently manage deliverables while being a strong team player.
- A HR, Payroll, or Labor Affairs background would be a distinct advantage.
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.