Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) team as a Ethernet Software Engineer!
We are seeking an experienced SW engineer with solid background in Linux driver development and kernel mode debugging. The ideal candidate will have experience with and be responsible for designing and implementation of a kernel-mode Ethernet drivers. Experience with driver design and implementation, including unit test, issue debug/resolution and productizing will be required. You will be responsible for security requirements and design decisions implications. Experience in DMA and other techniques for maximizing performance is necessary. A solid knowledge of specific type of device driver being implemented: Ethernet Networking.
Additional responsibilities and skills/experience required will include, but are not limited to:
- Extensively unit tests their implementation.
- Can code to standards and integrate with existing solutions.
- Software development skills C & C++.
- Ability to analyze network protocols to troubleshoot networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance solutions [TCP, IPv4 and/or IPv6, Domain Name System DNS, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP]
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 4+ years of work experience, Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer, or related discipline.
- 4 plus years of experience in Linux kernel development and/or base driver software development.
- 4 plus years of experience with a solid understanding of Ethernet protocols TCP/UDP/etc.
- 3 plus years of experience and knowledge with debugging user and kernel mode problems development and debug tools.
- 3 plus years of experience in C development and debugging.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge or better of recent Intel Architecture platform architectures is highly desired.
- Candidates with experience implementing base drivers for Intel Ethernet products will be given priority.
- Driver development experience on multiple operating systems recent versions of Windows, Linux, and ESX will be a strong advantage.
- Existing expertise in one or more of the following areas: Virtualization SR--IOV/VMDq, Encryption, RDMA, DCB/QoS, performance optimization of L2 network drivers.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Good problem analysis and solving skills coupled with a strong drive to learn and teach others.