The Graphics Media Architecture Team of the Visual and Parallel Computing Group is responsible for the architecture definition of current and future integrated graphics engines of client and server platforms serving consumer and corporate businesses. In this position, you will be responsible for research, modeling, prototyping, hardware architecture and/or microarchitecture definition, or software architecture definition, of video technologies including video processing and video codec.
Your responsibilities may include but not be limited to:
- Research & development 360/VR video content creation to process the pixels from camera sensor domain into video encoding domain via the phases of pixel re-mapping, color correction, image registration, video stitch, and image enhancement filtering.
- Performing algorithm and architecture definition of various video codecs such as HEVC, AV1, VP9/VP8, AVC, MVC and so on.
- Video processing techniques and design implementation such as deblocking and deringing filters, as well as more general video processing techniques such as adaptive algorithms for deinterlacing, high quality scaling, frame rate conversion, color adjustments, sharpness, noise reduction and others
- Making tradeoffs between quality, performance and cost, between fixed function and programmable implementations
- Interacting with silicon design team, software kernel and/or driver development team and validation team in deploying such new techniques
- Conducting or participating in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, and/or circuitry, processes, packaging, and cabinetry for central processing units CPU''s and/or peripheral equipment
- Preparing specifications, evaluating vendors, and analyzing test reports
- Power, performance modeling, projection of various video techniques in hardware and software
- Ensuring products conform to standards and specifications
- Developing plans and cost estimates and assesses projects to analyze risk
- Developing procedures, analysis and design for computer components, products, and systems
- Initiating, guiding and coordinating overall design and development of new ideas and products
- Responding to customer and/or client requests or events as they occur
- Developing solutions to problems utilizing formal education and judgment Responsible for developing multiple aspects of graphics software, display driver development and simulation environment development.
-Works with various partners to enhance and improve graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future hardware & software improvements.
-Also responsible for providing internal and external feedback to implement upcoming graphics features in yet to be released OSes to ensure our hardware and software will function and perform as expected on next generation platforms as well as designing/developing/implementing graphics system level software for future platforms.
Inside this Business Group
Minimum skills and experience:
You should possess a minimum of a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science.
-3+ years of previous working experience in the relative fields below is a must.
- Video coding standards, analog and digital television standards and the state of art video processing algorithms
- Parallel computing, such as thread parallelism function and/or data partitioning and data parallelism SIMD and/or MIMD and ability to apply them to video and/or media processing
- C and/or C++ programming and software prototyping tools such as MATLAB*
- Direct experience with video product definition, design, implementation in hardware or software
Preferred skills and experience
- Direct experience with video algorithm research, development and prototyping would be an added advantage
- Familiarity with visual quality test methodology and experience with tools such as VQM* would be an added advantage.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.