If you're interested in Computer Graphics and working with leading graphics software engineers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) has opportunities for you. VPG delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology.
We have a position for a Graphics Software Engineer. In this position, you will be playing a key role in developing multiple aspects of graphics software, display driver development and simulation environment development. Works with various partners to enhance and improve graphics performance on upcoming processor graphics devices by analyzing performance issues in software drivers and applications, implementing software performance improvements, and recommending future hardware & software improvements. Also responsible for providing internal and external feedback to implement upcoming graphics features in yet to be released OSes to ensure our hardware and software will function and perform as expected on next generation platforms as well as designing/developing/implementing graphics system level software for future platforms.
Behavioral traits for this position include:
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal communication
- Ability to work in cross-geo and cross-functional groups
-Team player mindset and the desire to collaborate with peers inside and outside the team
Inside this Business Group
A Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or related field. With 5+ years of related work experience
Candidate must have 5+ years of experience with the following:
- System-level software development or validation experience in Windows
- Experience with Visual Studio debugger or WinDebug
- Familiarity with Linux Ubuntu or Suse distributions
- Solid C/C++ programming skills
- Familiarity with Python, Ruby or equivalent system scripting language
- Working knowledge of 3D graphics concepts, techniques and programming APIs DirectX or OpenGL
- Familiarity with GP-GPU programming OpenCL, CUDA or DirectX Compute Shaders
- Background in software validation and test methodology unit, functional, integration, regression, performance testing
Graphical User Interface GUI testing experience
Work experience in development and/or validation of graphics drivers for Windows
Understanding of and experience with software engineering practices code design, agile methodologies, continuous integration and deployment
Familiarity with CI systems Jenkins, Team City, QuickBuild
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.