Snr. Production Operations Engineer
Overview of the Team
With a global research footprint, Intel Security provides the most comprehensive Global Threat Intelligence in the industry. Backed by a portfolio of more than 400 patents and a network of millions of sensors spanning the Internet, Intel Security delivers unparalleled protection against both known and emerging security threats via a complete suite of products and solutions.
The Core Cloud Services Engineering Operations team are responsible for design, implementation and end to end operations of the Cloud Services that protect both Intel Security’s Consumer and Enterprise Customers. The services provide continuous protection to our customers with a very strong focus on quality and an extendible services platform to internal partners & product teams.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
- You will be part of a global team that is responsible for the Core Cloud services that enable You will be part of a global team that is responsible for Intel Security Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
- You will be responsible for supporting Cloud service measurement, monitoring, and reporting
- Improving overall operational quality through common practices and by working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and product DevOps teams
- You will be responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of Intel Security Production environments
- You will be responsible for continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments
- You will lead your local Production Operations team to provide technical support for day to day operations of critical Cloud services as part of an operational support rotation.
If you are passionate about running and continuously improving world class Cloud Services, we are offering you a unique and great opportunity to gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems.
- You will be Point of Contact for internal stakeholders regarding the services supported by Production Operations and the Cloud Engineering Operations team.
- You will help to coordinate resources allocated to projects and assist with tracking work progress.
- You will collaborate with regional Engagement Leads to maintain Operational Support processes.
- You will liaise with regional Engagement Leads on a daily basis to ensure uninterrupted handover of operational duties and detailed escalation of ongoing incidents.
- You will collaborate with regional Engagement Leads on developing and maintaining best practices. And will work with local team members to help maintain consistency and compliance with those practices.
- You will work closely with Engineering Ops and DevOps colleagues to ensure system health.
- You will have ownership and responsibilities for the high availability of Production environments and the deployment of new services in to production.
- You will work with the Engineering and Operations teams to review and approve Systems design and architecture.
- You will be responsible for software application staging, testing and deployment.
- You will assist with creation of systems architecture diagrams and documentation.
- You will be part of a global support operation made up of DevOps, Production Ops and Engineering Ops including event response and recovery efforts.
- You will have input into the monitoring of systems applications and supporting data.
- You will report on system uptime and availability.
- You will act as a key interface with other internal teams and Intel Security IT.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written, verbal communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently & self-motivated.
- Ability to co-ordinate and facilitate work across a team.
- Effective multi-tasker, with proven ability to prioritize & handle interrupt–driven workload.
- Experience being a point of contact for internal stakeholder.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of customers at all levels.
- Experience with ITIL best practices, specifically Incident & Problem management with practical experience.
- An experienced, versatile and creative engineer with system administrator level experience of Linux and Windows
- Experience working with and supporting production-level services within public cloud environments
- Strong production support background and experience of in-depth troubleshooting
- Experience using Monitoring & Alerting tools
- VMware ESX deployment and administration
- Networking knowledge (Switches, VLANs, Firewalls, MPLS and Security) to assist Network team in troubleshooting
- Big Data technologies E.g. HBase, Hadoop, MongoDB
- Familiarity with Containerization and associated management tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud Computing experience / AWS
- Automation/CI/CD experience, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible
- SQLServer, PostgreSQL or MySQL experience
- Experience with PowerShell or other scripting languages
Inside this Business Group
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.