Intel Security Group is expanding its web security research & engineering group in Cork, Ireland. We are a team on mission to protect our customers and make the web a safer place. Our group owns a platform that offers the full spectrum of services for data ingestion, processing, storage, and analysis. It also offers real-time updates to external-user-facing applications, as well as supporting internal analysts' needs. The platform has some very large production deployments of databases including but not limited to MS SQL, MySQL and MongoDB.
You will design and monitor complex scalable databases and interfaces to query them. You will follow a collaborative process with architects and peers to find innovative solutions to group specific business problems. You will work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
Inside this Business Group
- Programming ability. Either a degree in computer science or enough real-world programming experience to earn the respect of excellent engineers
- Flexibility to switch between programming languages such as Java, C and Python
- Strong programming and debugging skills in SQL
- Experience with complex database query optimization
- Experience in NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Agile or iterative software development model
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.