Candidate must be a highly-motivated and self-driven team player that has the ability to perform in a dynamic prototyping environment. The preferred candidate will understand and employ current software design methodologies and have a strong desire for innovation. The work includes applying various image processing and analytical methods to precisely meet the inspection requirements. Of special interest are novel techniques tied to variational segmentation, classification methodologies, 3-D image processing techniques, and texture analysis. This position is designed to be a six month internship engagement.Responsibilities:Establish feasibility of inline 3D X-Ray image processingEstablish requirements for computer hardware needed for meeting overall performance requirementsDesign, develop, document, and test your code to render 3D models from 2D image stacksDesign/code/test new algorithms for feature detection from the 3D Models
Inside this Business Group
Currently pursuing a PhD. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field of study.
Work or educational experience in the following areas:
• Matlab, OpenCV.
• Image analysis, signal processing, or systems and control theory.
• 3-D image processing techniques, texture analysis variational segmentation and classification methodologies.
• C++/C with skills to explore and use native API's from open source libraries or off the shelf commercial products.
• Tomographic reconstruction techniques such as FBP or ARTExperience with Matlab and/or ImageJ preferred.
• Software source code management systems.
• Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming including multi-threaded programming.
• Good communication skills in written and verbal form.
• Existing MS degree is a plus.
• Experience designing hardware in standard CAD packages is a plus.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth