If you are passionate about driving the future of graphics hardware and display technology and want to work with leading graphics researchers on Intel's latest GPU/CPU architecture, then our Visual and Parallel Computing Group VPG has opportunities for you. VPG delivers Intel's 3D graphics, media, display GPU, and Parallel Computing Technology and is constantly looking for world class researchers to join our various research efforts. Your responsibilities will involve - Research in 3D graphics, working alongside other Intel researchers to invent new techniques or technologies that advance the field of real-time rendering. - Producing a long-term technology vision that impacts Intel graphics hardware and software products - Publishing your work in leading conferences and journals We're looking for graphics explorers who are collaborative and team oriented with strong written and verbal communications skills - ready to follow ideas and findings where-ever they take you to innovate and make a difference with Intel real-time graphics. Come join us! Initiates the design, development, execution and implementation of scientific research projects to fuel Intel's growth in the areas of computing, communication, technology and manufacturing and new business opportunity. Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential inventions and products typically 7+ years prior to landing on a product roadmap. Plans and executes laboratory research. Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories, and contributes to scientific literature and conferences. May participate in development of intellectual property. May coordinate interdepartmental activities and research efforts. Typically holds a PhD.
Inside this Business Group
Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in CS, CE, EE, Physics, Math, or a related field. A Master's or PhD is preferred.
Candidate must have 2+ years of educational or experience with the following:
- Comprehending, analyzing and extending techniques described in rendering literature
- Developing advanced graphics algorithms in domains such as raster graphics, ray traced based graphics, global illumination, depth of field, motion blur, acceleration structures, etc.
- Developing software in C++ together with programmable shaders and GPU compute
- Creating real-time rendering effects using current and upcoming graphics APIs OpenGL, Vulkan, DirectX 12Preferred Qualifications:
- Background in relevant industries including video game development, rendering software or visual effects in film.
- Knowledge of GPU architecture and/or GPU workloads and performance characteristics
- Background in writing publications and/or presenting at conferences or other events
- Experience with performance analysis including using low-level tools like profilers for identifying performance issues - Familiarity with parallel programming environments such as TBB, CUDA or OpenCL
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.