The Intel Programmable Solutions Group is looking for an intern for the Design Flow Experience group within Software Engineering. You will be working on a team dedicated to improving the usability and productivity of our FPGA tools and design flows. You'll be working on an FPGA design flow in development by our software engineering team and EDA electronic design automation tool partners.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Validate customer use cases and flows in the design tools
- Create reference RTL designs that evaluate or validate specific scenarios
- Develop or maintain scripting infrastructures for tool and testing flows
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the minimum qualifications below to be initially considered for this position. Experience could be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Candidate must be pursuing a MS degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with Verilog and/or VHDL design.
- Minimum of 3 months experience with FPGA and/or ASIC design tools.
- Experience validating and troubleshooting designs on FPGA hardware.
- Experience with clocking constraints and timing analysis.
- Experience with C++ and software development environments.
- Tcl, Perl, and/or Python scripting skills.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.