As a Member of Technical Staff of Application Engineer, you will perform thermal and mechanical model development for system level development kit simulations. You will work with cross functional teams to support both existing product and new product development need. You will involve system level thermal design focusing on fan and heatsink technology as well as system level control logic. You will be responsible for interfacing with vendors on an array of technical issues. Some foreign travel necessary.
Inside this Business Group
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to understand and interpret Computational Fluid Dynamics reports
- Understanding of microprocessor architecture and thermal profiles
- Experienced effectively dealing with conflict. Makes clear and effective presentations to inform and persuade peers and managers
- Communicates well verbally, in writing, and graphically and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish clear goals and formulate plans to achieve them
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.