Intel Security Group creates best-of-breed computer security solutions that span large enterprises, governments, small- and medium-sized businesses, and consumers, helping prevent intrusion on networks and protecting computer systems from the next generation of blended attacks and threats. These next-generation threats attack on multiple levels of the network infrastructure.
Intel Security Group offers in-depth protection-from the network core, to perimeter defense to complete desktop security-through two families of products: Intel System Protection Solutions, securing desktops and servers, and Intel Network Protection Solutions, ensuring the protection and performance of the corporate network. As a Tier-I Support Engineer for Intel Security Group, within the Intel System Protection Solutions Division, you will be responsible for supporting our entire licensed customer base through a variety of mediums.
Job Description: - Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
- May be involved in customer installation and training.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Provide both reactive and proactive assistance to all external customers.
- Troubleshoot and deliver resolution for open incidents.
- Liaise with Tier-II, to facilitate feedback.
- Record and document all issues related to the customers.
- The creation of documented solutions for both internal and external support web-pages.
Inside this Business Group
Qualifications: You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Additional qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Qualifications: 3 years of experience providing Technical Support or as Cyber Security Engineer in the following areas:
- Networking / Troubleshooting.
- Administering and troubleshooting Widows client/server operating systems (Win 7,8,10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012) by utilizing DOS commands, logs and services.
- Conduct fault isolation in regards to diagnosing and remediating network connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot or describe common networking and application protocols.
- Capability to discuss scenarios where candidate diagnosed a failing application, by examining the process/s and service/s which are tied to the applications functionality.
- Familiarity with cooperate network infrastructures
Additional (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Possess a 4 Year Degree (Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Security, or related field).
- Outstanding communication skills.(Understanding and applying Active Listening/ Understanding and ability to ask Open-Ended/Close-Ended/Probing Questions )
- Ability to teach complex topics
- Experience with one or more of Operating Systems (Windows, UNIX, and Mac OS)
- A strong working knowledge of networking, as well as installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, integration, protocols and client/server operations.
- Basic Administration/Maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Industry or professional organization certifications in computing fields are not required but highly desirable (MCSE, Network +, Security +, etc.)
- At least two years of full time experience in customer care/customer support.
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job requirements.
- Strong personal organization skills.
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.