As an Applications Engineer, you will support MCP (Multi-Chip Package) FPGA products from Intel. Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Independent work with minimal supervision
- Working with FPGA/ASIC architects on projects
- Support board bring up to addressing support questions and resolving system level issues.
Inside this Business Group
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in FPGA applications design and development, customer issues debug, a must.
- Skills required include hands on experience with fpga designs using Quartus II software and related tools, Verilog/VHDL, use of simulation tools VCS, QuestaSim or NC-Sim, use of IP protocols such as PCIe, Ethernet
- Board development and support, Signal Integrity, OpenCL and Intel CPU architecture/use are a plus.
- Some travel is required.
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.