Are you passionate about wireless communications, getting things not just working but making a best-in-class product?
In our team you will be working as Wireless Systems Engineer with focus on optimizing the performance of our cellular modem, driving the competitiveness of our full platform portfolio, and engaging with Tier-1 customers to gather requirements and help resolve issues found in the lab and live networks.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Work with development and customer programs in closing performance gaps relative to requirements- Set and track end-to-end modem performance requirements, drive innovation for performance improvements influencing product road map
- Log analysis from lab and field tests from target and reference devices
- Analysis of 3GPP physical layer requirements e.g. Rel12, Rel13, Rel14, etc.
- Modeling of wireless transmission systems and simulation of a complete transceiver system, focusing on LTE algorithm
- Definition of HW/FW split in product implementation, including definition of acceleration units and hw/fw architecture
- Performance evaluation of mobile receiver algorithms via link level simulations
- Create white papers, technical specifications, requirements documents- increase our IP portfolio
Inside this Business Group
--The candidate must possess a Master degree with 7+ years of hands-on experience, demonstrated to deliver outstanding results with innovative problem solving capabilities OR a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, Communications Engineering or Computer Science with 4+ years of hands-on experience, demonstrated to deliver outstanding results with innovative problem solving capabilities .
- In-depth Cellular Systems knowledge of PHY layer algorithms OFDM based systems with focus on baseband receiver front-end i.e. AGC, channel estimation, demodulation and interfacing with RF- 3GPP
-Standards know-how on LTE PHY Architecture and Performance requirements for Simulation RAN2 and Certification RAN5
- Ability to validate and enhance/define Performance tests based on Cellular Multi-Mode network simulators CMW, Anritsu
- Knowledge in state-of-the-art simulation environments based Matlab, C/C++ and in tooling/scripting Python, Perl
- Good understanding of Cellular Modem Performance in Interaction with Cellular Network infrastructure for LTE Tput and Mobility
- Readiness to travel internationally up to 10 %
- Track record in a team of modem engineers
- Ability and interest to debug 'real-world' LTE Modem Performance issues based on UE logs
- UMTS/LTE cellular modem design fine-tuning, and optimization, including tooling and scripting for analysis and troubleshooting
- Ability to present complex technical ideas and results to multi-level internal and external audience
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams- Familiar with change control and release management