If you are a seasoned developer looking for a position as a Technical Lead of a development team engaged in problem solving, enhancing existing products and taking care of customers, Intel Security has an opportunity for you.
This position reports to the Development Manager for the Endpoint Sustaining team. This person is responsible for the technical leadership of the Sustaining developers working on the VirusScan Enterprise VSE. In this position, you will apply your extensive experience to influence the technical direction and design of the sustaining efforts for these products. You will influence the direction of these products in reaction to business needs and industry trends. You will ensure technical and process excellence act as a key resource to Intel Security on technical matters and partner with internal stakeholders, customers and industry contacts to champion McAfee products. You will lead the Sustaining Engineering effort by ensuring effective completion of process tasks such as design reviews, code review, coding standards, unit testing, and etc.
In addition to the technical leadership responsibilities you will also need to serve as a working member of the team solving customer issues and completing project development tasks. The ideal candidate will have a strong combination software development and problem solving skills as well as customer focus and communication.
What you will do:
- Mentor development engineers and advance best-practices such as modular design, documentation, unit-testing, code-reuse, code review, and etc.
- Lead design, implementation and unit test tasks as part of sustaining releases for service packs, patches and hot fixes. Analyze, debug and determine root cause of application and driver level issues with the VSE and HIP products and implement solutions.
- Work closely with our support organization as well as external customers to address issues escalated from the field as part of the bug reproduction and resolution process
- Provide the mainline team key knowledge from the field on systemic issues as part of continuous improvement.
- Work with the Sustaining Development Manager to define / improve development methodology and processes.
- Work with Sustaining QA to develop comprehensive test plans.
- Mentor junior engineers, and advance best-practices such as modular design, documentation, unit-testing, code-reuse, code review, etc.
Inside this Business Group
- 5-10+ years of Development Experience on Windows. A solid understanding of Windows internals and experience with kernel development is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating system architecture, memory management mechanism, synchronization and file systems.
- Proven experience in C/C++ programming on Windows
- Networking knowledge and ability to analyze network traffic using sniffers e.g. Ethereal, Windows LANAnalyzer is a plus
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills such as Windows Crash Dumps is required
- Experience with using kernel debugger to debug and fix complex low level problems.
- Experience with Continuous Integration build environments including automated Unit Test execution frameworks highly desired
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to collaborate with internal and external parties including QA, Support, Development Engineers and Customers
- Experience and understanding of the product development life cycle process
- Team player
- Security knowledge and experience is a plus
- Experience in cross-platform development desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Masters Degree in Computer Science preferred
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.