Responsibilities & Duties:
Intel Sports is changing the game for a new generation of athletes and fans – you might’ve seen our work at some of the biggest NFL and NBA venues. We're about performance and innovation as a team - in the lab and on game day. We're a nimble, collaborative start up with the can't-miss backing of one of the world's largest technology companies on our team - Intel Corporation. With that starting lineup we push the limits of what's possible. Our team breaks the boundaries of sports, technology, and human perception. We see the limit and push past it. Will YOU join our team? Will YOU Push Tech to the Limits?
We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to develop software stitching and optimization algorithms and to also lead R&D. You will manage a team of software professionals and will be responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: designing, developing, debugging, validating and optimizating along with customer engagement and product support. You and your team will be responsible for researching and building technology and experiences that change the game for virtual reality and sports, showcasing NBA and NFL games across the world.
· Identify, communicate, and solve challenging technical problems in a team-oriented environment.
· manage core software components used in everything from capture servers to client rendering.
· Understands the end-to-end workflow of both low-level and high-level systems in order to deliver the best solutions.
· Create solutions that will consider unique live-VR constraints, such as stereoscopy, real-time performance, video stitching, and immersive user experience.
· Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
· Optimize code to meet real-time demands
Inside this Business Group
· Masters with 5+ years of experience or PHD with 3+ years of work experience
· C++/C programming skills
· Experience with computer graphics
· Knowledge of data capture systems
· Experience in game, live-video and OTT development.
· Masters or PHD in computer science
· Experience with sports technologies and media content
· Background implementing design patterns
· Understanding or experience with Virtual Reality concepts
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.