Responsibilities & Duties:
Intel Sports is changing the game for a new generation of athletes and fans – you might’ve seen our work at some of the biggest NFL and NBA venues. We're about performance and innovation as a team - in the lab and on game day. We're a nimble, collaborative start up with the can't-miss backing of one of the world's largest technology companies on our team - Intel Corporation. With that starting lineup we push the limits of what's possible. Our team breaks the boundaries of sports, technology, and human perception. We see the limit and push past it. Will YOU join our team? Will YOU Push Tech to the Limits?
We’re looking for a software engineer who understands sports and virtual reality and can use gaming and VR programming techniques to bring these experiences to life. The software engineer will be building back end VR assets and experiences across multiple platforms. You’ll also be work directly with customers to address their questions.
· Manage core software components used in everything from capture servers to client rendering.
· Understands the end-to-end workflow of both low-level and high-level systems in order to deliver the best solutions.
· Create solutions that will consider unique live-VR constraints, such as stereoscopy, real-time performance, video stitching, and immersive user experience.
· identify, communicate, and solve challenging technical problems in a team-oriented environment
· Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
Inside this Business Group
· BS in Computer Science with 3 years of experience
· C++/C programming skills
· Knowledge of data structure and algorithms
· Able to optimize code to meet real-time demands and Implement visual algorithms for CPUs and GPUs (CUDA, OpenCV, QSV, OpenGL, DirectX)
· Experience with sports technologies, media content, and cross platform game development using tools such as Unity
· Understanding or experience with Virtual Reality concepts
Intel Labs, the New Business Initiatives group (NBI), the Perceptual Computing Group and the New Devices Group (NDG). Additionally, New Devices Group and the New Business Initiatives group were combined into the New Business Group (NBG) which nests into NTG.