The Next Generation and Standards organization in Intel's Communication Devices Group is looking for Development Support Engineer for Scaling, working with 5G operators and other partners. We are looking for MAC and modem protocol stack SW engineers who have worked on integration with L1 Layer Responsibilities include * Debugging advanced MAC and protocol stack SW of leading edge wireless prototypes for 5G wireless modems. * Working with standards technology development and system engineering teams to translate 5G communication designs and algorithms into functional pre-standards (3GPP), pre-product (LTE-A, 5G) prototype designs using state of the art platforms. * Debug advanced MAC protocol stack layers (L2 Layer and above) in the baseband modem designs. * Debugged L1 Integration issues and knowledge of PHY/RF procedures, model algorithms (such as power control...) *The job involves working in embedded SW development environment with RTOS like Linux/VxWorks/ThreadX running on high performance IA processors
Inside this Business Group
Must possess a BS, MS or PhD in CS, CE, EE or related discipline, with demonstrated technical leadership
* 5+ years wireless industry experience
* 4+ years' experience working in 3G/4G/LTE technologies and good understanding of 3GPP specs
* Experience with Multithreaded - Multicore programming
* Good understanding of the L1, L2, L3 protocol stack layers in 3GPP LTE - Good debugging skills - Experience with software development and configuration management tools (i.e. GIT)
* Must be willing to travel as required Additional
- Prior experience developing/testing of MAC protocols for 3G/4G standards such as LTE, WiMAX, etc.
- Prior experience in customer enablement or support
- Strong communication skills to work with key stake holders
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.