Responsible for managing a department of technical writers, information architects, and content management engineers. Understands industry best practices and market trends, contributes to product requirements, and drives the implementation of appropriate content authoring, management, and publishing tools/solutions. Hires and manages the performance of employees and contractors in the department. Plans, prioritizes, and directs work of subordinates based on organizational goals. Activities may include: Determine objectives, set goals, and delegate assignments to subordinates. Clarify roles and responsibilities, set expectations, provide coaching/training/mentoring, and evaluate performance against expectations. Define and maintain a technical writing team infrastructure, including documentation process, tools, and planning/tracking/reporting methods. Engage in stakeholder engagement and relationship management. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in managing the department budget and spending.
Inside this Business Group
- Engineering degree with technical writing experience or Technical Writing degree with strong technical background or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a technical field
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience, managing people and cross-functional projects
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good analytical and teamwork skills
- Experience in technical documentation processes and tools, minimalism, and structured writing DITA is a plus
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.