Senior Software Engineering Manager, Technical leader, Intrapreneur, Consumer Innovation Center
As the worlds largest dedicated security technology company, McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to securely browse, shop and socialize on the Web through PCs, Macs and mobile devices. McAfee Consumer Products now extend well beyond anti-virus to include protection of identity, family, data, mobile devices, home and wearables.
McAfee Consumer Innovation Center is chartered to build new products and services for McAfee Consumer Business. Anchored in design thinking, the center brings to life novel consumer usages with deep technological foundations. The new products could be in core security and privacy protection, or adjacent areas such as data protection, as well as those that open new product portfolio opportunities for McAfee across PC, Web, mobile, Smart Home, Wearable, IOT devices & apps.
If you are passionate about Building and leading high performing teams creating next generation consumer products Rapid and frugal development of 1.0 solutions that delight consumers Thinking like an entrepreneur - technology and business savviness Then, we have unique opportunities just for you. We are looking for rock star software technology leaders with an entrepreneurial fire. We promise a thrilling ride seeing your ideas transformed into real products that reach the millions of consumers. An opportunity to work in the McAfee India Center, recognized by the industry in 2016 as a “Great Place to Innovate”.
Senior Software Engineering Managers are technical leaders who lead a team working on technology pathfinding, concept building, and rapid product development to mature innovations from cradle to product. The candidate leverages R&D experience to mentor and guide the team to build high-quality 1.0 products that delight consumers. Collaborates with product management and user experience team to build concepts and beta/pilots, and iteratively develop consumer solutions that delight our user base.
Inside this Business Group
* 15+ years experience with a track record of building, leading and managing high-performing teams and leading teams to create impactful technologies, architectures and products.
* Must have BE/Masters in Computer Science/Electrical/Electronics Engineering from a premier institute in India/US/Canada or elsewhere.
* Proven track record of attracting, developing, and leading senior technical talent passionate about innovation. Role model technical manager with vision and collaborative spirit.
* A solid combination of technology depth and keen sense of business acumen. Ability to think and drive like an entrepreneur is a must. Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity inherent in advanced product and technology explorations.
* Must be hands-on with executing consumer facing projects/products. Deep appreciation for UX as a key ingredient a must, although expertise in UX is not required. Ability to think like an entrepreneur to conceive and guide team to build rapid prototypes is a must.
* Demonstrated track record of driving innovations from idea to products, while bringing to life killer features to delight customers and users. Ability to track industry, usage and competitive trends, and calibrating products to excel in the market place.
* Track record of using lean methodologies, business model canvas, quality processes, scrum to rapidly build high-impact high-quality novel products and services. Proven track record of adapting and transforming development processes to increase velocity.
* Proven track record of Architecting, building high performing and scalable cloud based solutions for Android/iOS/Windows/Web. Demonstrated record of IP, white paper, research publications is a plus.
* Expert executive communicator on strategy, trends, innovations, and opportunities to influence directions and decisions.
* Conversant with at least a subset of the computing domains: mobile and embedded operating systems, end point and cloud security, network security, browser platforms and internals, malware research, threat assessment, vulnerability assessment, zero-day exploits, privacy protection, machine learning and advanced statistical analysis and inference, spatio-temporal reasoning, crowd sourcing, social networks, image and text analysis, data mining, cloud-based analytics, performance modeling, object and face recognition, cryptography, identity, biometric authentication, content reputation, system level optimizations, compilers, code analysis and optimization, parallel and distributed computing, knowledge representation and reasoning, feature extraction, decision making systems, user experience design and analysis, and user research.
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.