Intel Statement:Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, going beyond being a company that makes the world's best chips to one that also delivers wonderful experiences for people.With help from talented employees like you, we will tightly integrate hardware, software and services into compelling experiences in pursuit of our mission, and utilize the power of Moore's Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
About this position...The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) is a technologist who works as a part of the product marketing team to promote Intel Security products. The TME will work with a cross-functional team to ensure that the products that Intel Security brings to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements.
The TME must be a technical expert, both in Intel Security products and the IT environments where those products will be deployed. The TME must have the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiators of a product and also work with the Product Management teams to continually improve the products.
What you will do...
- Create design guides, troubleshooting guides, evaluation guides, application notes, technical white papers, presentations, videos and demonstrations for Intel Security solutions and products.
- Build and maintain a demonstration environment for Intel Security solutions and products.
- Support sales and marketing efforts as required. Some travel required to support field and marketing activity.
- Support product launch activities and assist with Tradeshows, Conferences and Technical Sales Training or Channel Partner Training activities.
- Respond to customer or field inquiries, assist with Technical RFPs and work with a cross-functional team of PMs, SEs, Engineers as required.
- Work with the Competitive Team for market and competitive analysis.
Inside this Business Group
- 3 + years of experience in the role of a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) or Sales Engineer is a must.
- Strong work-related experience with SIMs (Security Information Management) and/or SIEMs (Security Information and Events Management) is required.
- Extensive customer and field experience is a must.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
- Extensive experience with enterprise and service provider security products.
- Software development or scripting capabilities required
- Bachelor's degree business, marketing, or engineering preferred
Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of urgency. Must be resourceful, proactive and aggressive.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and possessing a high level of integrity.
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and start-up environments.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to work with all teams in the company.
- MBA or equivalent a plus
- Web and multimedia production skills preferred
- Security certification such as CISSP or CompTIA Security+ is a plus
The Intel Security Group combines employees from McAfee and Intel – people with security expertise in hardware, software, and solutions into one business unit focused on building hardware, software, services and end-to-end security solutions. Intel Security Group sets the stage for new levels of collaboration and innovation and will drive leadership in the industry by providing ubiquitous security and identity protection for people and businesses worldwide.