Position descriptionIn this position, you will be part of Intel's Next Generation and Standards 5G RF Development Team. Our team builds advanced 5G transceivers used for a variety of wireless prototypes and demonstrations and eventually, 5G products. Expertise required in SoC/VLSI Physical Design. Familiarity with all aspects of chip implementation from RTL to GDS including: DC Synthesis, ECO implementation, Timing constraints, Timing closure, Physical Design, Floor-planning, ICC tool know-how, Physical Verification using standard vendor tools, Logic Equivalence Check, Formal verification, and Power analysisWhat you'll doAs a Digital Physical Design Engineer at Intel, you would support RTL synthesis and place & route using advanced tools to improve our device performance, power and area. Working alongside the Circuit Design Engineers, you will also be responsible for:Understanding of entire Physical Design flowPrimetime STA tool and timing closure methodologiesUnderstanding of Physical VerificationFloor-planning the top level dieSelf-motivated and ability to work well within a team
Inside this Business Group
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in Physical Design.
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Design of complex SoC IP Blocks and Products.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in Digital Design and VLSI Fundamentals.
- Knowledge in Physical Design of Chips, which includes VHDL, Verilog, C/System-C/System-Verilog/Specman.
- Experience in Communication Systems Standards DSL, WLAN, Ethernet, Processor IP Cores MIPS, ARC, High-Speed Interfaces USB, PCIe, DDR, xGMII and ASIC Design Flow RTL to GDS.
- Knowledge and expertise in Communication, Problem Solving and Documentation Skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cross functional team in a dynamic environment.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.