The Software and Firmware Architect Manager role is to strategically design and specify in-house imaging software architectures that PerC products and assure their high performance. This individual will provide technical leadership across the organization from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. He will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, define and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of theorganization. Job Responsibilities: - Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification. - Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies.- Assist Software Designer with the creation of detailed software design specifications. - Lead the review process for software architecture documents. - Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture- Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification.
Inside this Business Group
- Experience in Windows, Linux and Android OS
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field
- At least 5 years experience in large designs and coordinating project teams in imaging industry
- At least 8 years of C/C++ programming experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast- paced environment.
Perceptual Computing (PerC) is an organization within Intel tasked with the research, development, and productization of technologies for Natural User Interaction, encompassing both human to machine and human to human experiences. PerC aims to build technologies that would help users to have natural, immersive and intuitive interaction with computers through not only touch interface but also through hand gestures, voice and video. The objective of PerC is to explore consumer-focused hardware and software applications of close-range hand and finger gestures, speech recognition, face recognition and tracking, augmented reality and more.