Research and recommend technology to improve the current systems in support of organization's strategic vision. Responsible for translating business requirements into specific systems, applications, data or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. . Design, develop, and analyze overall architecture. Determine integrated hardware, software and data architecture solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Lead on architectural governance and decisions related to Product , Technology and system tradeoffs as part of a cross functional architecture decision group. Provide direction for design activities.
The Enterprise system architect is a member of the Assembly Test Technology Development (ATTD) Automation Infrastructure Group in Technology Manufacturing Group (TMG) and is responsible for strategic planning and implementation of enterprise infrastructure. This is a senior position and is expected to provide advanced technical expertise on systems design & deployment in ATTD/Assembly Test Manufacturing (ATM).
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for architecting automation solutions such as windows, storage (NAS, SAN), virtualization, VMS, network and client infrastructure to name a few and subsequently providing on call 24x7 support (troubleshooting and repair) to ensure maximum uptime to support critical automation systems in ATTD and ATM.
- Responsible for supplier and stakeholder management along with engineering activities like proactive monitoring, preventive maintenance, system upgrade, configuration and testing, performance benchmarking and/or improvement, automated installation scripts, and keeping the infrastructure compliant with latest security policies.
Inside this Business Group
Qualifications: You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Additional qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
* Possess a Bachelor's or Master Degree in computer science or related technology degree.
*7+ years' of experience working in an information technology field as systems architect or system administrator in the following technologies:
- Windows server (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Storage NAS (NetApp)
- Storage SAN (3PAR)
- Linux/Unix/Open VMS Operating Systems
- Windows Client
- Virtualization (VMWare)
- Hardware Security Modules
- Scripting: Powershell, perl, etc
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to set and accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and deliver high quality software and infrastructure with limited management oversight.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; the demonstrated ability to approach complex problems logically and systematically. Makes use of independent research and self-directed learning to solve operational issues and implementation obstacles.
- Provide 24x7 on call support.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth