Intel Gdansk is expanding its research and development team in the field of High Performance Computing with focus at the development, validation and maintenance of Infiniband-based cluster interconnect software running on servers under Linux OS (kernel and/or user space components). Connectivity Group develops and validates high performance computing software (OS, embedded OS, device drivers, libraries, applications, tools, etc.) for highly parallel x86 platforms, utilizing Intel Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel MIC Architecture) processors (Intel Xeon Phi) and cluster interconnect technologies (True Scale, Omni-Path). As a Software Engineer you will be working with a technology that enables the most powerful supercomputers in the world, but also scales down to small computing clusters. You will be cooperating with most influential people within HPC world on new software solutions envisioned for first exascale supercomputers. You will create easy to use userspace providers and/or kernelspace drivers for programming models and libraries which are exploited across wide range of computing challenges including modern life sciences (mammalian genomes, cancer tumors), quantum physics and chemistry research, environmental research (weather prediction, seismic waves prediction, ocean modelling), atomic energy and fusion energy quest. Optimizing for performance and scalability of the solution will be a key part of your job. You will need to understand the features the hardware offers and come up with ways to expose it to upper layers so that the hardware is used to its fullest. The projects developed are mostly open source so you will get an opportunity to work with the community.
Inside this Business Group
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering.
- Ability to implement and debug programs/tests in C
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system, including user and kernel space
Nice to have:
- Experience with InfiniBand is strongly desired
- Experience with Cluster communication software
- Good background in Enterprise level networking architecture, protocols, topologies and networking products
- Ability to work in scripting languages such as TCL, Expect and Python
- Ability to implement and review C++/Assembly programs
What We Offer
At Intel, you come to work in a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There's no fear of failure-we know that's how innovation happens. And you'll never be bored.
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results.
Besides regular duties you can:
- Take advantage of various career development activities.
- Participate in various innovation-focused activities (innovation lab, collaboration events, and patent submissions writing).
- Have a chance to participate in Intel Great Place to Work program which gathers people who love running, cycling, squash, tennis, cross fit, photography, and many more.
- Relax during energetic team events (skiing, scuba diving, kayaking, etc.)
- Chill out with unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and soft drinks :).
Base salary is accompanied with such additional benefits as bonuses, private medical plan, life insurance, lunch coupons, and more.