We are looking for a Master student for an internship. During your internship, you will work on enhancing an existing link level simulator for LTE by working on one of the topics below:
Extension of the channel model in an existing Matlab simulator for LTE downlink
- Integration of extended spatial channel model (SCME)
- Modification of fading generator to include time-varying Doppler spread
- Modification of channel model to include time-varying power delay profile
Introduction of models for RF impairments in an existing Matlab simulator for LTE downlink
- Phase discontinuities
- DC notch filter
Investigation of improvements for parameter estimators in an existing Matlab simulator for LTE downlink
- Analysis of tradeoff between accuracy and number of samples used for Doppler spread estimation
- Analysis of tradeoff between accuracy and number of samples used for delay spread estimation
- Investigation of improvements from finer quantization of estimated Doppler and delay spread
Investigation of improved selection of FFT window position in an existing Matlab simulator for LTE downlink in the presence of arbitrary and time-varying multipath power delay profiles
Inside this Business Group
You should have a B.Sc. and currently be enrolled into studies towards Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Information Technology
We expect a solid background in Communication Theory, and Signal Processing.
In addition, you should have a good understanding and preferably first experiences in programming complex algorithms in Matlab, and C.
The internship is planned for a duration of 6 months. We aim to continue with the outcome of the internship as part of a Master Thesis work. Therefore, we are looking for interns, who would like to do an intern but later on also a master thesis with us.
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.