Job Description: Join the 5G mobile revolution at Intel as part of the Next Generation and Standards NGS division in iCDG. We are looking for a Platform Software Engineer for the advanced 5G modem prototype team. The candidate should be self-motivated team player experienced in low level device driver software, embedded controllers, embedded OS's and software development practices. The candidate will have a great opportunity to impact the high velocity delivery of the Next Gen Cellular prototypes by developing a state of the platform software that will be used in multi-site, cross platform development environment. Responsibilities will include but not limited to: - Design, develop, deploy and maintain User mode and Kernel mode Device Drivers, BSP's, advanced inter and intra processors communication mechanism.- Go through the Software Development Lifecycle including requirement gathering, new feature development, unit testing, integration, bug fixing, deployment, etc.- Working independently in a diverse and demanding team environment. - Employ optimization techniques for power and performance.
Inside this Business Group
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development.
- 5+ years of experience writing and testing a "Communication Type" Device Driver for Linux, VxWorks, ThreadX or other RTOS Environment.
- 5+ years of experience developing in a constrained Embedded Platform.
- 5+ years of experience in testability with Low Level Software.
- 5+ years of experience/understanding of how OS and BIOS interact with the HW.
- 5+ years of experience with C programming skills.
- 5+ years of experience in CPU Architecture, CPU, PCIe and Memory subsystems.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Software Engineering, Version Control Systems, Agile Development Process.
- Experience with employing Optimization Techniques for Power and Performance.
- Ideally the candidate would have written or maintained more than one driver on more than one operating systems.
- Experience with Virtual Platforms.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for expressing technical ideas and initiatives.
- Strong ability to work with ambiguity, flexible in approach, creative in problem solving.
- Proven ability to work across organizational, functional and cultural boundaries.
- Risk taking to explore new possibilities for improvement and innovation.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.
California, Santa Clara;