Job Description: Join the 5G mobile revolution at Intel as part of the Next Generation and Standards (NGS) group in iCDG. We are looking for LTE protocol stack SW engineers to join 5G mobile wireless technology development at Intel. Responsibilities include designing, developing, debugging protocol stack SW of leading edge wireless prototypes for 5G wireless modems. Work with standards technology development and system engineering to translate 5G communication designs and algorithms into functional pre-standard and 3GPP compliant prototype designs using state of the art platforms. Implement advanced MAC & protocol stack layers (L2, L3 and above) in the baseband modem designs. The job involves working in embedded SW development environment with RTOS like Linux/VxWorks/ThreadX running on high performance processors. The candidate will apply advanced problem solving skills to complex modem subsystems involving MAC, upper layers and MAC-PHY. Assess risks and identify issues and solutions to timely and efficiently achieve program goals and project objectives. Drive resolution of technical issues with cross-functional teams to resolve them in an appropriate and timely manner.
Inside this Business Group
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years in LTE, LTE-Advanced and Wireless Modem Protocol Stack.
- 5+ years of Solid and Proven Software Development Skills.
- 5+ years of experience in Coding Practices in Embedded C/C++.
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development Methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience with Multithreaded – Multicore Programming.
- 5+ years of experience with Defining Software Flows and Timings.
- 5+ years of experience in L2, L3 Protocol Stack Layers in 3GPP LTE covering LTE PS Flows, Features and Procedures.
- 5+ years of experience in Debugging.
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development and Configuration Management Tools (i.e. GIT)
- Ability to work in a structured, solution oriented and open minded working environment.
- Strong business verbal and written communication skills.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products.
California, Santa Clara;