- Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
-- Responds to situations where firstline product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training.
- Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Inside this Business Group
- Minimum five years applicable experience in technical support environment with named or dedicated accounts
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, hardware, protocols, LAN configuration, security architectures and LAN/WAN technologies
- Must possess strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of security hardware, software, and management platform with emphasis on installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, integration, and client/server operations is desired - - Associates or Bachelors Degree, especially in computer science or a related field, is desired - - Professional organization certifications in computing fields are highly desirable
- Progress towards, or completion of, certifications with Microsoft, Sun, or Linux is desired. Equivalent technical work experience, validated through references, is considered as relevant as certifications
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong personal interaction and telephone interaction skills at the business professional services level
- Strong personal computing skills in Windows Operating Systems and Windows Server Systems
- Solid knowledge of the use and configuration of virtual environments such as VMWare
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements in a dynamic environment
- Strong knowledge of the Intel Security product lines which include the following products: - McAfee MVM, McAfee DLP
- Strong technical background in Microsoft Server Operating systems to include Server 2008 and Server 2012
- Familiarity with SQL current versions
- Knowwledge of AD and security groups
- Familiarity with security software, mobile applications, and enterprise mobility concepts Firewall concepts: Ports, NAT translation, and knowledge a plus
- Experience with IIS 6 and 7, CSR generation, and SSL Certificates DNS and name resolution skills required
- General understanding of network infrastructure to include DMZ, Routers, Networks, Switches, and Firewalls