Austin CPU Microcode Team at Intel Corporation is looking for candidates who have an interest in X86 Architecture and developing Microcode for Intel's next generation Atom(TM) and Quark CPU core. In this position, you will be responsible for developing Microcode features for X86 microprocessors. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Defining and developing innovative Architecture and Micro-architecture for Intel's next generation Atom(TM) and Quark Microprocessor.
- Analyzing existing developed code, understanding and gathering new requirements, developing new algorithms or changes required, documenting for review and communication, creating and negotiating a development plan, writing and debugging the code for functionality and performance requirements
- Supporting maintaining and developing new features for Microcode Simulation Environment
- Interacting and communicating with CPU and SoC Architecture, RTL design, and Validation teams to achieve coding goals
- Support post-si debug activities
- Being member of the Microcode team, candidate will be also reviewing others' Microcode and RTL and help to improve groups overall productivity and development accuracy
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a competitive team environment
Inside this Business Group
You must possess a Master's degree or a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Additional qualifications include:
Solid understanding of Computer Architecture and Microarchitecture techniques.
Solid knowledge of Assembly Language, C, C++ and Perl programming
Excellent Software and RTL debug skills
Excellent communication skills and willingness to work in a competitive team environment
RTL development experience using Verilog is preferred
Familiarity with Platform/SoC Architecture and Power Management Architecture would be added advantage
The Platform Engineering Group (PEG) is responsible for the design, development, and production of system-on-a-chip (SoC) products that go into Intel’s next generation client and mobile platforms. PEG strives to lead the industry moving forward through product innovation and world class engineering.