Are you looking to drive technology revolutions, and help grow business at the same time? Do you want to be able to tell your friends and family how your work helps change how things are done? Are you a growth and change agent? Can you tell a compelling story? Do you like to travel and visit customers? Do you want to be a part of the fastest growing business at one of the world's top companies? Do you like to play with servers? Like recommending the best Hybrid Cloud Solutions and helping them get deployed?
The NSG Solutions Architecture team, within Intel's NSG Division (the Intel SSG Group), is responsible for architecting, developing, and evangelizing enterprise IT solutions which feature Intel SSD products, driving end user and software partner preference, enabling emerging NVM technologies, and ultimately increase the demand for Intel SSDs. This role of a field Data Center SSD Solution Architect and Technical Evangelist, is customer and industry facing role, where you will be responsible for identifying and driving technical solutions implementations and demand creation programs focused on showcasing Intel NVM technologies at target end user customers across target vertical markets and horizontal technology usages. This will include defining and implementing end-user customer and software/service provider partner technical and business strategies best aligned to drive Intel SSD business and help SSD technology cross the technology adoption chasm. You will work with a global team of engineers to collaborate and share best methods, trends, successes, and help identify ways to best scale design-win activities to the broad customer base. You will expand NSG's SSD product reach into new segments and verticals, enabling key new emerging technologies and creating the story and reasons people should appreciate Intel's SSD products. You will spend significant time working directly with Data Center End User accounts to educate and partner with them, identifying creative ways to grow both Intel business and their impact within their business. You will represent Intel externally at customers and industry events as the key SSD technical resource and system architecture technology expert, extending Intel's presence as THE experts in SSD technologies. You will engage SW and HW ecosystem partners to remain on the cutting edge of trending technologies, align solutions marketing efforts, and extend the team's reach through partner marketing efforts and sales collaborations. You will also be responsible to develop compelling pre-sales product and technical collateral, as well as training materials for customers and partners. You will help shape Intel's future SSD product definition and direction within the data center market segment. You will be working closely with both internal and external customers to deliver outstanding customer service and to establish strong relationships that deliver results meeting and ideally exceeding Intel's business objectives.
Inside this Business Group
You should possess a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline. Advanced technical degree, and/or MBA a plus.
- 10 years architecting, configuring, and hand's on testing of server or storage system hardware and/or software for use in data center applications using both Windows and Linux based operating systems
- Understanding of key HW and SW trends within enterprise IT data centers such as Storage, Database (SQL & NoSQL), Big Data Analytics, HPC, Video Surveillance, Virtualization, Private vs Public Cloud, and Networking
- Detailed understanding of Server and Storage System hardware architectures, performance optimization, and system level trade-offs
- Direct customer interaction experience required, including one-on-one or group customer interaction working independently as well as with teams to set engagement strategies and influence key decision makers at all levels
- Demonstrated experience summarizing, creating collateral, and delivering top ranked training both small and large audiences of technical experts on detailed technical products, concepts and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling TCO analysis and position value propositions for highly complex systems
- Self-starter, networker with a positive can do attitude, solid interpersonal and written communications skills, not afraid to jump-in and help
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand a rapidly changing and complex market dynamic, identifying identify trends, opportunities, and key industry partners / technologies.
- A solid business acumen is a must.
- An ideal candidate will demonstrate direct experience in SAN, NAS, and scale-out storage system architectures, optimizing server and storage performance, SSD functionality, SSD performance testing methods, system reliability, and competitive SSD products.
- Demonstrated experience building compelling data center solutions proof of concept and solution blueprint documentation including Intel processor, networking, storage and software products, extending design win reach across multiple technologies and products
- Prior experience in technical marketing, applications engineering, technical pre-sales, or experience deploying and maintaining large data centers is strongly preferred.
- Broad understanding of Intel client and data center hardware, networking, storage and software platform roadmaps, popular data center architectures and applications
- Detailed understanding of software I/O interactions throughout the system stack
- A desire to have hand's on time with server and storage hardware, to better understand IT usages and new technologies
- Broad understanding of options to automate data center testing and deployment
- Experience installing, configuring, and optimizing data center software applications for production IT environments
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.