About this position…
Intel Corporation is looking for Senior Threat Analyst to be based out of our Oregon location. This position will have a global reach as a member of Intel's Threat Intelligence Team.
What you will do….
Inside this Business Group
• BA or BS degree in International Relations, Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Political Science, Cyber Security, Information Management or related field
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to produce when working independently with minimum structure and supervision
• Solid project management and small team leadership skills
• Ability to take on additional tasks as incidents arise and demand warrants
• Thorough knowledge of security practices, procedures, and capabilities in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work, providing solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Thorough understanding of the Information Security Common Body of Knowledge
• Demonstrated experience with all-source information analysis
• Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources
• Ability to write high-quality intelligence assessments and briefings for a senior-level audience
• Ability to discern patterns of complex threat actor behavior and communicate an understanding of current and developing cyber threats
• Exposure to and familiarity with different malware families, botnets, threats by sector, and various attack campaigns
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and validating open source intelligence
• Demonstrable prior experience publishing complex technical information security content for external consumption
• Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques
• Familiarity with link-analysis methods and software (Maltego, Palantir, Analyst Notebook)
• Ability to apply a variety of structured analytic techniques to generate and test a hypothesis, assess cause and effect, challenge analysis, and support decision making.
o Examples of these techniques include, but are not limited to:
Key assumption checks
Competing hypotheses analysis and Alternative Analysis.
• Familiarity of the Diamond Model and Kill Chain methodology
• Considerable working knowledge in one or more of the following topics:
o Industrial Control System Security
o Third Party Risks/Threats
o Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists
o Distributed Denial of Service Attacks
o Mobile or Emerging Threats
o Social Engineering
o Insider Threats
• Experience with targeting or analysis
• Experience with Industrial Control System Security
• Experience with common host and network security tools CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, GNFA, or GLFA
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.