Intel PSG is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on High Level Design (HLD)/High Level Synthesis Application Engineer to develop, test, support and optimize computational algorithms on Altera platforms. As an High Level Synthesis Applications Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the Altera sales teams for major accounts by providing technical expertise and guidance in FPGA High Level Design (HLD) methodologies and optimization tools.
In this role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
Inside this Business Group
The successful candidate's minimum qualifications will include the following:
• BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
• Excellent understanding of computational algorithms theory
• Excellent C/C++ software programming and code optimizations skills
• Experience in using Verilog hardware design language
• Knowledge of Interfaces such as DDR3, DDR4, HMC, PCIe and Ethernet
• Knowledge of FPGA (or ASIC) architecture, design flow and timing closure is a plus
• Knowledge of EDA design/simulation tools such as Quartus and ModelSim is a plus
• Good presentation- and interpersonal skills; ability to work well within teams, including virtual teams, and being self-motivated are all essential characteristics of the successful candidate
• Some travelling will be required
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.