Join Intel - and engineer the future.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
What will you do
The position is located within the Engineering Department of the Transportation Solutions Division (TSD) in Karlsruhe. You will be part of a talented and highly committed tool development team who develops and maintains the engineering infrastructure including build automation, continuous integration environment and automated smoke-testing for the implementation of Autonomous Driving Technology.
As a Software Tools Development Engineer (m/f) your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Automation of build and release creation process with Jenkins and Yocto
- Development of tools to support our software development teams
- Maintenance of our continuous build, integration and validation infrastructure including tools to ensure software quality and legal compliance
- Design and execution of system integration tests and implementation of their automation
Inside this Business Group
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or comparable degree and more than 4 years documented industry experience in software development and/or integration
- Very good knowledge of Linux
- Experience with embedded Linux distributions (Poky, GenIVI) and their build systems (Yocto)
- Experience with build systems (CMake) and build automation with Jenkins or similar technologies
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Unix-Shell, Python) - Experience in software development (C++) and automation
- Configuration management, release management, experience with Git and Gerrit
- Experiences in Eclipse and Eclipse Java tools
- Experiences in static and dynamic code analysis (MISRA, unit test, smoke test, etc.)
- Experiences in agile development approaches (Scrum)
- Knowledge of formal Software quality assurance approaches
- Very good organization skills and a very structured approach to your work
- Proficient communication skills and ability to build relationships with different teams located on site and off site
Nice to have
- Experience in automotive environment
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.