The Mechanical Design Engineer for Automotive covers a broad spectrum of responsibility and many areas of activities.
This includes, but is not limited to, the realization of automotive compute device base boards and modules.
Automotive product specific devices require development of extreme robust, durable, reliable and highly resource efficient designs with longevity support.
During the bring-up of new product designs the Mechanical Design Engineer supports cross functional analysis and bring-up for new developed system concepts and devices for a broad application spectrum.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Inside this Business Group
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic, Precision Mechanics or a Certified Technician preferred.
• Extensive experience working with E/M packaging layout and design including sheet metal, plastics, cabling, and PC Boards.
• Experience on thermal design and working with thermal simulation tools.
• Design and configure new products and modules, improve processes and/or existing machinery at the direction of company owner and engineering manager.
• Working knowledge of Compliance/Regulatory design requirements.
• Ability to investigate technical fit and fabrication problems through tolerance analysis.
• Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
• Able to absorb, assimilate and synthesize information quickly.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and integration skills including the ability to foster and sustain. communication between cross-functional groups.
• Utilize computer aided design in modeling with a high degree of efficiency and proficiency.
• Verify that designs meet requirements through analysis, communication and measurements.
• Develop and maintain bill of materials, drawings and other process work flow documentation; monitor product costs throughout the cycle.
• Follow design through completion by working in coordination with electrical engineering and fabrication shop team members.
• Ensures safety of new and existing equipment, address safety concerns with priority.
• Fluent in German and English in writing and speaking. Strong in team work and communication skills.
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.