Join Intel - and engineer the future.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
What will you do
The position is located within the Engineering Department of the Transportation Solutions Division (TSD) in Karlsruhe. You will be part of a highly committed system/software integration team contributing to the planning and execution of our software plan for the implementation of Autonomous Driving technology.
As a Software Integration Engineer (m/f) your responsibility will include:
- Close collaboration with software domain development teams to integrate software components
- Creation of software builds including build documentation and preparation for software releases
- Design and execution of system integration tests and implementation of their automation
- Reproducing, investigating and following up on defects found during validation. Driving sightings from open to closure including closely work with the validation teams
- Playing a role as a gate keeper in each domain to ensure a healthy product quality release to internal and external customers
- Setting up of hardware systems to run the software components
- Coordinating with software project lead and hardware project lead in managing hardware and software integration
- Coordination with external partners part of the software delivery chain
Inside this Business Group
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or comparable degree and more than 4 years documented industry experience in embedded software, RTOS, hardware/software integration
- Very good knowledge of Unix/Linux, especially in startup technologies (systemd)
- Experience in scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Unix-Shell, Phyton)
- Experience in software development (C++) and software integration
- Experience of configuration management and release management
- Experience with Git and Gerrit
- Good English written and spoken
Nice to have
- Experience in build automation with Yocto, Jenkins or similar technologies
- Experience in automotive embedded systems
- Experience with embedded Linux distributions (Yocto, Poky, GenIVI)
- ISO26262 Functional Safety experience
- Ability to work with distributed teams, in different time zones
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.