We are looking for an enthusiastic college graduate or experienced engineer interested in supporting hardware or software development of Intel's latest automotive and transportation products.
There are multiple roles in TSD to work on Software Defined Cockpit (SDC) and Automated Driving (AD) solutions.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
• Develop software as the primary job function; Designs, develops, debugs tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, numerical methods, UI's, web.
• Architect interfaces for communicating with hardware for cross-platform solutions. • Responsible for security requirements and design decisions implications.
• May work directly with companies developing and optimizing compilers, operating systems, and other software technologies.
• Work on interfaces used in automotive environment like UART, CAN, SPI, I2C, I2S, TDM, SATA, Ethernet, USB and PCIe.Some roles target testing and bring-up of new platforms, which include additional activities:• Definition of debug concepts and debug tools for future products, including connectivity between hard- and software based debug tools.
• Cooperation with an expert team to support in-circuit / in-system measurements at the target HW, debugging under real time conditions and system bring-up using debug and measurement tools like data acquisition, DSO, Logic and Protocol Analyzers.
• Development of small PC-based test tools in a high level SW language, capable running under Linux and/or Windows.
• Definition of debug concepts for future products, including connectivity to hard- and software based debug tools.
Inside this Business Group
• Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree, both College Graduates or experienced.
• Experiences with embedded system design and development for automotive, industrial, or aerospace/military applications
• Specific knowledge in one or multiple areas out of, Audio/DSP, Security, FUSA, RTOS, Car Network, Linux, AndroidORDeep understanding of embedded Systems, hardware related software, boot loader, drivers and Linux.• Excellent skills in C++
• Experiences in Linux
• Good experience in debugging hardware and software related issues.
• Ability to work well in a cross-geographic and cross-team environment.
• Advanced English communication skills, both written verbal.
• Good knowledge and skills in embedded HW systems and latest generation of high-speed interfaces.
• Basic knowledge of security mechanisms and concepts in hard- and software.
• Ability to analyze network protocols to troubleshoot networking problems and to recognize and develop network performance solutions [TCP, IPv4 and/or IPv6, Domain Name System (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)].
• Functional safety knowledge.
• Knowledge of specific type of device driver being implemented, e.g.. Graphics, Networking, USB, etc.
• Working Knowledge of Linux in embedded applications
• Experiences with Eclipse and Yocto
• Experiences with Real-time Operating Systems.
• Programming skills in Python script language.
• Communication skills in German.
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.