Join Intel - and engineer the future.
Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
What will you do
As a Platform Applications Engineer (m/f) you will be joining the Transportation Solutions Division. You will be responsible for enabling and supporting Intel CPUs and associated software in embedded In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI), Instrument Cluster (IC) and Advanced Driver Assist (ADAS) solutions.
You will be providing Tier1 and OEM automakers with device drivers and software stack components on Linux & RTOS distributions. Technically, this will require the ability to modify the kernel, debug issues, integrate and/or port drivers and applications, and to work within the open source community.
This is an opportunity to apply both technical knowledge and customer enabling skills in a team oriented environment. Our team operates in a fluid environment that will enable you to engage in a diverse set of responsibilities in support of a family of CPUs targeted for automotive.
Your responsibilities will include but are not be limited to:
- Directly engaging customers to provide pre and post sales technical support to ensure customer Time to Market (TTM) production ramp
- Developing collateral and supporting design wins associated with Intel solutions, along with actively participating in generating requirements for future Compute Modules
- Support and influence customer SW developers during all phases of SW development cycle incl. feature definition, project setup, project execution, tech support for go-to-market
- Replicating and debugging customer reported issues by identifying code level issues and proposing changes to customer configuration or to Intel/OEM drivers
- Providing technical training, consultation, and hands-on assistance to customer SW developers in areas of architecting, technologies, code development
- Collaborating with platform and chipset software architects to develop and finalize the platform software requirements
- Acting as a liaison between customer's requirements and chipset, platform and/or software architecture teams to ensure `best-in-class' product definitions
- Active participant in virtual technical teams to solving complex problems
- Mentoring and guiding junior developers, setting expectations and goals
- Developing and delivering training material for technical field training events
This position will involve spending extended periods of time on site at our customers' engineering locations.
Inside this Business Group
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with five or more years of relevant experience
- Strong engineering background with experience in Hardware platform and/or Linux SW development
- Experience in the automotive industry, with focus on SW and/or HW development for Infotainment
- Experience with Ubuntu / Fedora / Tizen Linux
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to port and integrate applications between Linux distributions
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, ability to apply critical thinking
- Tolerance of ambiguity
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, proficient technical writing/presentation skill
- Strong understanding of Intel architecture-based embedded and communications systems with knowledge of one or more of the following: microprocessor architecture, chipset architectures, system architecture, platform hardware design, platform software design, firmware design.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, establish-track quarterly objectives, multitask effectively
- Ability and willingness to travel domestic and overseas
Nice to have
- Customer-facing experience
- Demonstrated development experience with Hardware solutions and/or embedded OS environment, especially on IA-based platforms
- Experience using Schematic and Layout tools, and/or demonstrated ability to read schematic and layout files
- Deeper knowledge of software in at least one of the following areas: Linux kernel, Driver porting, 2D and/or 3D graphics, security, video encode/decode, display technologies, low-level system software, I/O, software debug
- Experience in HW debug, specifically active participation in board bring-up
- Experience working with Tier 1 OEMs (and field representatives) and experience creating 'customer ready' collateral and training
- Experience with drivers at a debug level
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today
Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.