As part of the Silicon-Systems Architecture team within Intel's Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group NSG to design and implement firmware features that manages the NAND media in Intel's state-of-art Solid State drives.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and implement SSD NAND media management features to achieve better performance and endurance. This includes the development and testing of firmware code.
- Perform SSD stability, performance and endurance testing, data collection and analysis-Participate in code reviews and code improvement based on review feedback.
- Ramp quickly on NAND based SSD firmware architecture.
- Ramp quickly on embedded system development tool and flow.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and team oriented environment.
Inside this Business Group
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- The suitable candidate must be pursuing a Master or PHD degree of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 months experience with strong programming, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 6 months experience and deep knowledge in embedded system architecture design and engineering.
- Minimum of 6 months experience Knowledge in software development life cycle, integrated development environment and version control tool.
- Availability for minimum 3 month period Preferred Requirements.
-Experience in C/C++ is highly desirable
-Experience in embedded software development and debug.
-Experience in NAND Flash or other memory technology.
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.