In this position as a HW Dev. Lab Technician – you will work within Intel’s Test Strategy and Technology Development Group (TSTD) whose core charter is the design and development of cutting edge “state of the art” modular testers which have become Intel’s primary tester of choice and are utilized by Intel worldwide. Candidate would be responsible for technical functions in support of design engineering activities such as schematic capture, power-on plan execution, electrical debug and fault isolation, solder station rework, bug tracking, data collection, validation plan execution/checkout, and general assembly, modification, and rework of complex electromechanical systems. Additional duties to include lab inventory management, test equipment calibration tracking, and supporting general lab activities.
Inside this Business Group
AA or AS in Electronics Engineering Technology with a basic understanding of electronic fundamentals.
Additional qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Familiarity with standard lab electrical test & measurement equipment (DVM, Oscilloscope, Analyzers, etc.)
• Must possess basic MS computer skills (OneNote, Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Exceptional attention to detail required and must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Good verbal and written communication skills are required along with the ability to proactively apply highly disciplined approaches to problem solving in a fast past design/development environment.
• Soldering rework experience a plus
• Schematics and printed circuit board debug experience a plus along with an aptitude for learning new schematic and PCB development SW tools (Cadence/Allegro experience a plus)
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art -- from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth