Responsibilities may be quite diverse of an exempt technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
Candidate will be a part of a development team that works on research contracts. The team is responsible for development and documentation of a new core architecture, development and analysis of representative workloads, development of simulation infrastructure, performance projections, and evaluation of design alternatives that meet the contract requirements.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and debug skills along with customer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with good initiative to seek and explore multiple alternatives.
- The ideal candidate would be disciplined, motivated and innovative, with a focus on quality.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhD degree in: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Candidate must have a strong background in computer architecture, multi-core designs and caching
- Candidate must have hands on experience with architectural simulators like gem5, Graphite, Sniper etc
- At least 6 months of programming experience in C++ and scripting languages such as perl, python or bash
- Knowledge of system C and networking concepts is a plus