Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Center Group (DCG) as a HPC SW Development Engineer!
The Intel Fabric Software Development Team is looking for an HPC SW Development Engineer to help develop software for the next generation Intel Omni-Path product. As an HPC SW Development Engineer your primary responsibilities will be to partner with SW and HW engineers across the organization to implement and to deploy a product quality solution. You will be responsible for providing the technical contributions for design and implementation across all the components of a HPC system: firmware on a HPC Switch ASIC, embedded software managing a director class switch, software for multiple generations of the Intel Omni-Path Architecture Host Fabric Interface, and the Fabric Management system software.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 4+ years of work experience, a Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience, or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience with network protocols and scalable algorithms.
- 4+ years of experience in C coding.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with InfiniBand or another HPC interconnect is strongly desired.
- Experience with routing algorithms is strongly desired.
- Experience with Open Fabrics OFED and upper layer protocols is strongly desired.
- Experience with Linux and VxWorks kernel/driver development.
- Exposure to network management tools, protocols and APIs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to work as part of a multi-site team.