This internship opportunity is within Security & Privacy Research SPR at Intel Labs. The mission of SPR is to drive industry-leading research in Trustworthy Execution, Anti-Malware, Cryptography, and Privacy to deliver the highest robustness and assurance on Intel platforms. The work includes performing research in the area of Anti-malware, machine learning and cryptography and building prototypes to demonstrate feasibility. Communication: The candidate will have strong communication and interpersonal skills. In particular they should be self-motivated, show initiative, and drive closure of technical issues. They should be able to present complex issues with clarity to drive decisions.
Inside this Business Group
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- You must be a student enrolled in a Ph.D. degree program in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent with focus on systems security.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience in Security research demonstrated by at least one security-related publication in a peer-reviewed conference proceedings or journal.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience developing software with C++, C, or Java.
- Must have at least 6 months of experience with Computer architecture
Preferred skills and experience:
- Research background malware analysis or platform security.
- Familiarity with either software control flow analysis or machine learning algorithms.
Intel Labs is the company's world-class, industry leading research organization, responsible for driving Intel's technology pipeline and creating new opportunities. The mission of Intel Labs is to deliver breakthrough technologies to fuel Intel's growth. This includes identifying and exploring compelling new technologies and high risk opportunities ahead of business unit investment and demonstrating first-to-market technologies and innovative new usages for computing technology. Intel Labs engages the leading thinkers in academia and industry in addition to partnering closely with Intel business units.